Us.

Us.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Nesting Has Set In...

The past month has been a whirl of preparation for our sweet baby girl - "FC" as her uncles and aunts are calling her these days. We've given in to requests and announced her initials. It has been hillarious listening to everyone's guesses. I love that our families are as excited about her arrival as we are! Adding to my excitement has been the great need to order our home - I just couldn't stop myself. We now have a cleaned and organized garage...a deep freeze is being delivered on Friday so that I can do a little food preparation to help John out when Peanut comes home - look for some of my recipes next week. I also have attempted to organize Peanut's things to make comming home a bit easier...we shall see if my predictions for organization hold true. Additionally, John and my brother Nate have worked tirelessly the past two weekends trying to complete the bathroom remodel. They have done amazing work and the bathroom will be a great improvement to our home...one that we will not be able to fully enjoy until this summer. Progress is progress! My mom and Ashley were also here this weekend helping me with cleaning the house....because I unfortunately contracted a nasty stomach bug this past week. The "bug" completely halted my nesting instincts...probably for the remainder of my pregnancy. My doctor checked me out and has assured me that Peanut is fine. I am, however, strongly encouraged to slow down, ask for help, and rest whenever possible....not been too hard to do as I have felt pretty run down the past few days. I am so very thankful for a healthy baby and a loving family that has helped us out in so many ways!

We have a new toilet and tiled floor.

The shower walls and floor are tiled. Yay!
Aunt Ashley and Uncle Nate gave us a swing for Peanut! Ashley was SO kind to put it together for us this weekend.
On a sweet side-note, our precious nephew Robert Matthew was baptized the first weekend in March. John and I have the great honor and responsibility of being his Godparents and so enjoyed sharing this special time with baby Matthew and John's brother and sister-in-law Rebecca. 


Proud Uncle John with Baby Matthew on his baptismal day. I love this picture!
Please keep John and I in your prayers. John is taking a final test for his military course and is under so much pressure right now between work, home, and Navy. Please pray for baby and I's health...the countdown has started!

No comments:

Post a Comment