Us.

Us.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Headed to the country!

There is so much happening these days that I'm having trouble keeping up with it all! We're calling it our "Tejas Bucket List". We have places to visit and people to see before we ship out. One very special person we needed to visit was my Dad's Mom, my Mammy. My father grew up in rural Southwestern Arkansas on a farm. That farmhouse is filled with fond memories from the summers of my childhood...tractor rides, fishing, playing in dirt piles with sticks and old Tonka trucks, and eating the best fresh vegetables. We have not been able to get Felicity out there to meet her great-grandma until now. It would mean an airplane ride (or two) and then a two hour car ride....but it was a huge priority to do this before our move. I am so happy that we did...it really was such a wonderful weekend!

Felicity traveled so very well - maybe being older made things easier (maybe we just got lucky! Thankyou Jesus.) She settled in easily at Mammy's and really enjoyed spending time with her and meeting new people. She even got to visit my father's uncle's cattle ranch - pretty fun for my "city girl" to see all those cows up close.


Felicity was facinated by the airplanes arriving and departing. She also thought this new, larger travel bag was pretty cool too!



 
 
 
Meeting Mammy for the first time...the two of them hit it off from the start!

Absolutely precious. Trip well worth it.

Serious conversations were had at this window.
 


Meeting Aunt Coma.
Mooooo! The cows were a hit.

 


 
 

Love those smirking blue eyes....such a sweet baby girl.




1 comment:

  1. Soooo sweet, Melinda! You have a beautiful family, girl! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete