Us.

Us.

Monday, April 8, 2013

As this chapter in our life closes...

Our last month in Georgia has literally passed me by. I have been so busy thanks to frequent home showings, conference calls with moving and relocation associates, chasing after a very active and very mobile 11 month old, and preparing our home for a major move. Most recently John and I took a 10 day trip to Texas to prepare our little family a home in our new state. I found my new OB, toured our temporary living assignment (a tiny 1 bedroom apartment), ate our way through the surrounding towns of Grapevine, Southlake, and Roanoke, and looked for a new home to buy. I wish I could say I completely enjoyed my first trip away from FC, but to be honest...after the second day I was desperate to see her and those sparkling blue eyes. But, there was much to be done - and I think we made great progress.

On the current home front, our house is under contract. Please be praying for the home inspection tomorrow. Perform well dear home!! We have also put down a contract on a home in TX. Buying/selling homes can be very stressful for any family - throw a hormonal pregnant woman into the mix and things are just that much more exciting.

FC is handling all these changes fairly well. I'm curious to see how she'll do while we're in temporary living. Pray for her as well as us. Pray that her mommy and daddy know what she needs to make this transition an easy one. Pray that we'll comfort her when and how she needs comforted, but push her when is necessary as well. John and I have worked together well - but all that stands in front of us can be so overwhelming. I just remind myself in those faithless moments that God ordained this move for us. He has chosen our place and will make the path we need.

So, we'll keep calling this our first Great Adventure as a family. Hopefully I can managed to take enough pictures despite all this activity to accurately capture this time in our life.

I love the story our pictures can tell...

Daddy and FC playing in the rocks just before we left for TX.

Helping Mommy pack!

Snuggling with Nana. So blessed to have family that will care as much for my baby as I do!

My little one loves a tight squeeze - she managed this all by herself.

Despite having TOO much to do at home, Mommy made time for some outdoor fun on the square in Marietta. Oh how we will miss this place!

She climbed in all by herself and was very proud of it!

No artsy photos for Mom. All she wanted to do was pick and eat the flowers.

Then she wandered away as if I were invisible. Ha!

My first Easter.

What do I do with that?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment